What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of Cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treats the data obtained can be
to distinguish two types:
– Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information that is
collected through these is managed by a third party, can not be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser,
it could be about:
– Session Cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. It
are often used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
– Persistent cookies: the data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
– Technical Cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and to use the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
– Personalization Cookies: allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as, for example, the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, and so on.
– Analysis Cookies: allow the person responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to create navigation profiles of users of these sites, applications and platforms, with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the data used by users of the service.
– Advertising Cookies: allow the most efficient management of advertising spaces.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivating and Deleting Cookies
You have the option to allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By turning off cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but this can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also refer to your browser’s Help menu for instructions. The user will be able at any time to choose which cookies he wants to work on this website. You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
• Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
• Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used in UnlockYourMind.app
The following identifies the cookies that are being used in this portal as well as their type and function:
With this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
– Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when you access any page of the portal during this session.
– Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
– Modify its configuration. You will be able to obtain more information on what cookies are, to know the Policy of
UnlockYourMind.app cookies and modify your browser settings.